At just 4, Drew Barrymore was already showing a wide range of theatrical brilliance — which takes most people years to hone — as seen in this 1979 commercial for Pillsbury’s chocolate chip cookie dough.
2. It is a rainy day in suburbia. A tiny Drew arrives home, soaked, despite her ample rain gear.
3. She is, understandably, quite sad. After all, she is a child to parents who allow their daughter to walk herself to preschool.
4. Notice the subtle, yet poignant, shift as Drew goes from sad to Grumpy Cat-level depression.
5. Drew knows how to build intrigue. Here, as she ingests a warm chocolate chip cookie, she showcases a mysterious air of contentment.
6. Until Drew finally erupts in pure, realistic, joy. I now believe in cookies.
7. Check out the full commercial here:
- Donald Trump's supporters think his comments about Miss Universe are no big deal.
- Former Israeli leader Shimon Peres's funeral is underway in Jerusalem — guests include Barack Obama and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.
- Members of UK Parliament will examine Asos working practices after a BuzzFeed News investigation revealed allegations of exploitation.