At just 4, Drew Barrymore was already showing a wide range of theatrical brilliance — which takes most people years to hone — as seen in this 1979 commercial for Pillsbury’s chocolate chip cookie dough.
2. It is a rainy day in suburbia. A tiny Drew arrives home, soaked, despite her ample rain gear.
3. She is, understandably, quite sad. After all, she is a child to parents who allow their daughter to walk herself to preschool.
4. Notice the subtle, yet poignant, shift as Drew goes from sad to Grumpy Cat-level depression.
5. Drew knows how to build intrigue. Here, as she ingests a warm chocolate chip cookie, she showcases a mysterious air of contentment.
6. Until Drew finally erupts in pure, realistic, joy. I now believe in cookies.
7. Check out the full commercial here:
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩