At just 4, Drew Barrymore was already showing a wide range of theatrical brilliance — which takes most people years to hone — as seen in this 1979 commercial for Pillsbury’s chocolate chip cookie dough.
2. It is a rainy day in suburbia. A tiny Drew arrives home, soaked, despite her ample rain gear.
3. She is, understandably, quite sad. After all, she is a child to parents who allow their daughter to walk herself to preschool.
4. Notice the subtle, yet poignant, shift as Drew goes from sad to Grumpy Cat-level depression.
5. Drew knows how to build intrigue. Here, as she ingests a warm chocolate chip cookie, she showcases a mysterious air of contentment.
6. Until Drew finally erupts in pure, realistic, joy. I now believe in cookies.
7. Check out the full commercial here:
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘