1. Prepare to hear any and all combinations/variations of the following:
Someone actually made this face at me when I spoke to them.
Sometimes this can make it difficult to make American friends, but it will happen.
2. Although chances are the only people that will REALLY get you are your fellow internationals.
3. They're also more likely to do stupid shit with you, like hectic road trips the week before finals.
4. Get a decent sized wallet or purse because American money will probably make you feel like this:
5. Try S'Mores. They will make you make this face.
6. Prepare to gain weight. There are free cookies EVERYWHERE.
7. Literally roll. Down to the dining hall for free breakfast for dinner.
8. On that note, find and frequent the local Farmers Market.
9. Buy all of the college merchandise, like this totally necessary fire pit.
10. Buy season football tickets. Even though you don't understand the sport.
11. Go to a frat party, at least once.
Even if it's just so you can understand how accurate the stereotypes are.
12. Befriend a bartender.
13. On the 4th of July, celebrate like you are an American.
14. Find an American family to take you in for Thanksgiving.
15. Get excited about Halloween, they take it very seriously.
Here's a picture of some girls dressed as a beer pong game. Perfection.
16. It's easy to forget you're actually there to study.
17. Basically, just embrace every second that you have there.
18. And if you are Australian, don't forget to tell them about drop bears.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!