1. The mere site of a chancleta strikes fear into your heart.
2. Whether you love or hate his music, you feel an overwhelming need to support Pitbull’s career.
3. You question people who aren’t ride or die for cortaditos and coladas.
4. Celia Cruz made the soundtrack to your childhood. Azucar!
5. You don’t believe in breakfast that doesn’t involve a pastelito, croqueta or tostada.
6. Your mom is in a constant panic about the weather. “It’s raining over here. Is it raining where you are? Ten cuidado!”
7. You’ve mastered the art of Spanglish and speed talking.
8. You get excited about ¿Qué Pasa, U.S.A.? reruns on PBS. And yes, it’s still an accurate depiction of Cuban living despite it being 30+ years old.
9. Asando un puerco is your favorite part about the holidays.
10. You had tremendo quinces. Bonus points if you perfected a rueda with your court.
11. You think guayaberas are perfectly fine attire for most (if not all) events.
12. Angels weep over your abuela’s flan.
13. Rhythm. You has it. (Most of us, anyways)
14. You really CAN’T lower your voice. You’re at a permanent level 10 and people have learned to deal.
15. You’re still not over Elian being sent back. It happened more than 10 years ago, but you simply can't let it go.
16. People have gotten used to you being late. That, or they just lie about the ACTUAL time you’re supposed to show up.
17. Willy Chirino’s “En el día de tu cumpleaños” was played at every single birthday party you attended. And you wouldn’t have it any other way.
18. You know that merengue is not just a musical genre.
19. You’ve shopped at Sedano's or Presidente Supermarket.
20. You’re well-versed in Jose Marti poetry. Zapaticos de Rosa was totally your jam back in the day.
21. You’ve turned speaking with your hands into an art form.
22. You get mildly offended when people confuse the Cuban flag with the one from Puerto Rico.
23. You’ve actually spent time in Cuba and appreciate what you have, and more importantly, where you come from.
Now add your own reasons. Daleeee!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!