1. Waiting for the season to start will stretch out endlessly.
2. When you do get to the snow, you'll be way over-excited.
3. You'll acquire a new religion, based almost entirely around falling snow.
4. More than 10 days without fresh snow will break you.
5. Powder Days are basically Christmas.
6. Christmas itself will become essentially irrelevant.
7. PICK TWO:
8. Cold weather and lots of exercise will mean you're permanently hungry.
9. Which means your meals will rapidly become simple, but huge.
10. Work will happen...but it's not a focus, exactly.
11. You'll figure out that skiers and snowboarders have more in common than you might think.
12. At some point, you'll probably break your skis.
13. Though actually, most of your finances will be based on making arrangements with other season workers.
14. Specifically, the "Season Worker discount" in bars makes your evenings brilliant.
15. After a few weeks, you'll have found the best, weirdest bar.
16. Every week, the whole town will fill up with a fresh batch of people.
17. At some point, you'll do something very ill-advised on the slopes.
18. You will always be trying to get more snow time in, regardless of the conditions.
19. However good you are, someone will always be better.
20. At some point you will screw up and it will hurt.
21. Someone leaving mid-season feels like losing a member of your family.
22. But every day is another opportunity to make first tracks somewhere.
23. You will spend the final weeks of the season desperately pretending there's enough snow.
24. ...And it's back to waiting for next year again.
25. Because when it's good, it's unbeatable.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!