1. In 1990, Barbara Bush criticised The Simpsons. Marge responded.
2. Fox owns the rights to The Simpsons through to 2082.
3. There is a clause in the creator's contract that the network can't give notes - meaning the producers are free to make fun of FOX itself.
4. If Bart aged normally, he'd now be 34, the age given to Marge in the first season.
5. The staff of The Simpsons and South Park both REALLY hate Family Guy.
6. Over the course of multiple seasons, the brief clips of McBain actually form a coherent mini-movie.
7. The episode where Bart wins an elephant on a gameshow was based on a real incident.
8. Staff Writer John Swartzwelder was a well-known recluse - which the writers referenced in a running joke.
9. Paul McCartney agreed to appear on the show only if the writers agreed to maintain Lisa's vegetarianism for the rest of series.
10. Homer was intended to be revealed as Krusty The Clown.
11. God (and Jesus) are the only characters to be given five fingers.
12. The Alburquerque Isotopes baseball team was named for the Springfield Isotopes.
13. A competition winner was given a full-scale replica of the Simpsons house. He took the money instead.
14. Someone also made a working replica of Homer's prototype car.
15. Homer's theory of a doughnut shaped universe was later announced as a valid theory.
16. Bart's prank calls to Moe's Tavern use the number 764-84377. It spells out 'Smithers.'
17. The 'Who Shot Mr. Burns?' episode ran a contest for fans to guess. No-one guessed the correct answer.
18. In his appearance Justin Timberlake really didn't want to say "Word," so once he did, that take was looped and used repeatedly through the episode.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!