15. Rape culture and victim blaming…
Rape culture acknowledges that elements of our society and the way we talk about sexuality and sexual violence against women encourages this behaviour. For example, blaming victims of sexual assault by asking them questions like if they were “asking for it” or what they were wearing absolves the person who committed the assault.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱