17 Unpopular Opinions About "The Vampire Diaries" That 100% Needed To Be Said Out Loud
Bonnie and Enzo > Damon and Elena.
1. Damon Salvatore was the real villain of The Vampire Diaries.
2. The seasons without Elena were actually better because they got rid of Elena and Damon's relationship drama and focused on the characters who really carried the show: Bonnie and Caroline.
3. During Elena's magical coma, Damon and Bonnie should've fallen in love — they clearly had chemistry.
4. In fact, Elena Gilbert was actually the worst character in the entire series.
5. Jeremy was an unnecessary character and should never have been brought back from the dead. His entire story arc was about him dating Bonnie and being an angsty teen.
6. The Salvatore brothers were actually suuuuuuper immature, and Elena should've ended up with Elijah because he could provide the steadiness and loyalty that Elena needed in a partner.
7. Stefan was just as bad a person as Damon. He was constantly making terrible choices and shouldn't get a pass for ripping people's heads off because he ~felt bad~.
8. Stefan and Caroline's relationship always felt forced, and they only got together because neither of them had anyone left to be with.
9. Klaus and Caroline's relationship was incredibly toxic from every aspect.
10. Caroline's best relationship, by far, was with Tyler.
11. Out of everyone on the show, Bonnie deserved a happy ending the most. She was constantly saving everyone's life and sacrificing her own, only to lose her true love.
12. Matt was an okay character at the beginning, but over time he just became unbearable.
13. Lexi shouldn't have died so early on in the series.
14. Bonnie and Enzo were a WAY more epic couple than Elena and either Salvatore brother.
15. Katherine was really entertaining during the first season, but after a while, everything she did just felt repetitive.
16. Damon and Elena weren't even that great a couple. They fought constantly, and while they were together, they lost sight of everything else in their lives.
17. Finally, Stefan Salvatore added absolutely nothing to the series. He was just whiny and boring.
Responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.