1. Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
We all know Harry would have never survived his First Year without her!
3. Liv Tyler as Arwen in The Lord of the Rings
Without her, Frodo wouldn't have survived the first 2 hours of the first movie, the ring would have been taken to Sauron, and Middle Earth would have been destroyed.
4. Miranda Otto as Eowyn in Lord of the Rings
She just takes care of the Witch King like it's no big deal!
9. Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in The Heat
The Oscar's montage featured other "Buddy Cop" films, but not this one!
10. Hilary Swank as Maggie Fitzgerald in Million Dollar Baby
If Rocky is a hero than Maggie sure as hell is.
11. Hilary Swank as Alice Paul and Frances O'Connor as Lucy Burns in Iron Jawed Angels
14. Ingrid Bergman as Ilsa Lund in Casablanca
They showed Humphrey Bogart, but no Bergman. The only reason Rick or anyone else does anything in this movie is because of this girl!
15. Grace Kelly as Lisa Carol Fremont in Rear Window
She snuck into a murderer's apartment and saved the day in Rear Window.
16. Julie Andrews as Maria in Sound of Music
Saved children from crazy father, saved father from crazy self, saved entire family from Nazis. Hero.
17. Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins
Saved children from crazy father, saved father from crazy self, no Nazis but SHE FLIES. Hero
18. Whoppi Goldberg as Celie Johnson in The Color Purple
20. Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods
Saved an innocent woman from murder charge with knowledge of beauty products. If Kevin Bacon is a hero than Elle Woods definitely is!