These 18 Cottagecore Spots In Tasmania Are Straight Out Of A Picture Book
Dreaming of the day we can finally do a road trip to all these spots.
Where possible, we’ve done our best to name places featured in this post in both English and palawa kani, the language of Tasmania's First Nations Peoples. BuzzFeed have been working with the Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre to ensure all our posts honour the language and its resilience — we thank them for their contributions.
Yeah, yeah, hotels and inner-city apartments are all well and good. But picture waking up in a stunning, heritage-listed homestead, surrounded by river views. Or starting your day with some cheeky cows peering through the window of your farm stay accommodation.
1. Enjoy understated luxury with a personal touch at The Explorers Lodge, in timtumili minanya / New Norfolk.
2. Feed the alpacas at Giants’ Table and Cottages, a B&B surrounded by a National Park, in timtumili minanya / Maydena.
3. Learn about Shakespeare himself while staying at this quaint cottage, Hamlet Downs, in timtumili minanya / Fentonbury.
4. Immerse yourself in a true farm stay experience while staying at Rathmore, in nipaluna / Central Highlands.
7. Indulge in a High Tea while staying at historic homestead, Glen Derwent, in timtumili minanya / New Norfolk.
8. Meander the grounds and discover the hidden ruins, at Tynwald Willow Bend Estate, in timtumili minanya / New Norfolk.
9. Stay in a heritage listed, luxury hotel, overlooking the stunning Derwent River at The Woodbridge, in timtumili minanya / New Norfolk.
10. Escape to France (without leaving the country) at the French inspired Villa Howden, in putalina / Huon Valley.
North West Tasmania
11. Awake to aqua blue waters and the sound of waves crashing against the shoreline at The Ark Stanley, in wayninta / Stanley.
13. Experience old-world hospitality and views for days at Penghana Bed & Breakfast, in waykaywirinu / Queenstown.
14. Stay in a stunning Federation style home built in 1905, at Alexandria Bed and Breakfast, in tuynplinuk / Ulverstone.
15. Reconnect with nature while staying in a B&B surrounded by magical gardens, at Boscobel of Tasmania, in wuwinilili / Ulverstone.
16. Enjoy a romantic getaway for two at a Georgian property, with French Provincial touches, at The Red Feather Inn, in tilapangka / Hadspen.
17. Cheers with your loved ones, while taking in stunning country views, at the Granary Richmond Hill, in tilapangka / Cressy.
18. And finally, get lost in the magical gardens at Beauty Point Cottages, in takina / Beauty Point.
Right now, in some Australian states, it’s important to stay home and avoid non-essential trips. We hope you’ll find our content entertaining, inspiring, or useful for a future trip. For all other states, we still encourage you to practise social distancing and, if you feel sick, stay home and help to keep yourself and others safe.