The wait has been agonizing, but Bridgerton is indeed coming back for a third season.
There's no official release date yet, but here's everything we know about the new season so far:
1. Many fans (LIKE ME) hoped that Season 3 would premiere in 2023, but there's a strong possibility that we won't see it until 2024.
2. Kate and Anthony will be back.
3. But Daphne won't be — despite having her second baby offscreen.
4. Mainly, Season 3 is going to focus on the relationship between Colin Bridgerton and Penelope Featherington, and it will be based on Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn.
5. We FINALLY got our first photos of the new season, and we know that Penelope is going to start off giving up her crush on Colin Bridgerton...and looking like a goddess while she's at it.
6. Yep, Penelope got a little bit of a makeover. Goodbye yellow dresses! Hello soothing, sage-y green!
7. As for Colin, he'll be disappointed to find that Penelope is giving him the cold shoulder when he returns from his travels.
8. You'll be happy to know that the show is ignoring any references from the book that allude to Penelope losing weight.
9. But you'll be even happier to know Nicola Coughlan said that the season will otherwise stay very true to the book, and you should expect to see ~certain~ iconic scenes.
Her words exactly: "It's a spicy one. It's a lot of the stuff from the books that the fans expect has made it into the show."
We certainly can't take that as confirmation of anything specific, but maybe a scene involving a carriage? Perhaps a mirror? You didn't hear it from me.