Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries centers around Phryne Fisher, a "lady detective" who solves crimes in 1920s Melbourne. Solving gruesome murders and kidnappings comes effortlessly to Phryne – as does her amazing sense of style.
Here are a few reasons Phryne Fisher (played by the super cool Essie Davis) is a total fashion icon.
1. Sparkly headbands FTW.
And this perfect piece.
2. Her earrings always match her hat or headpiece.
3. "I’ll eat my cloche" — an appropriate fashion-themed phrase for when Phryne dares someone to tell her she is wrong.
4. Even her weapon of choice is chic!
5. She disembarks a cruise liner dressed in a complementary nautical outfit.
6. Diamonds and feathers are standard, whatever the time of day.
7. Miss Fisher knows that a mug shot can be excellent practice for a runway opportunity.
8. She has appropriate attire for motoring: driving gloves, proper luggage and long patterned scarves.
And the Hispano Suiza is to die for.
9. She has a deep-filled fancy dress box with outfits perfect for any occasion.
Hello Roman warrior costume for her beau in waiting, Inspector Robinson?!
10. Rocks a red lip — even in a fight!
11. Yup. Don't mess with Phryne.
12. Even when stuck in a water filled locked box, Miss Fisher’s makeup isn’t out of place.
13. Phryne knows the value of shopping around for clothes.
14. She has a super cool "cat burglar outfit."
15. She can run in heels... gracefully.
16. Miss Fisher knows how devastating it can be when you ladder your hosiery.
17. She dresses appropriately for every situation.
Who else looks this chic on a fairground ride?
18. She has a hat for every occasion.
And remains chic even when tending to a murder victim.
19. Instills the importance of dressing for yourself first and foremost.
20. She looks amazing rocking the winter white look.
21. Has the best party dress EVER.
I <3 it.