1. She had a fantastic sense of humor.
And never let life take that away.
2. And she had a badass tattoo.
AND it was an arm band. Don’t f*ck with Poca.
3. She was incredibly open-minded.
And took the time to learn about the new people in her land.
4. And she even risked her life for those she cared about, and for the greater good.
Even if that meant disagreeing with her ENTIRE tribe.
5. She was always searching for purpose in life just like the rest of us.
And she always tried to follow her heart.
6. She always stood up for what she believed in, and tried to see right from wrong even during great controversy.
A great example for us all.
7. She also understood that you can’t predict life, or rather, what’s just around the riverbend.
But that it’s important to always follow your dreams.
8. She respected her elders.
She took time to visit her grandmother, who also happened to be a tree, and sought her advice.
9. She had great respect for Mother Nature.
And taught others to do the same.
10. She wore jewelry like no other Disney character, ever.
I mean, just look at her and that necklace. It’s perfection.
11. She was the ultimate daddy’s girl.
And respected her father, as we all should.
12. And she never bothered to wear shoes because SHOES SUCK, amirite?
13. She was a fantastic swimmer AND diver.
Look at that form.
14. She had FANTASTIC hair that blew with all the colors of the wind.
BRB growing my hair out immediately.
15. And she climbed on top of MOUNTAINS.
Kind of a big deal.
16. She wasn’t afraid to go after what she wanted, even if that meant someone she wasn’t supposed to see.
She followed her heart.
17. And at the end of the day, she showed us all that she didn’t need a man to decide her future. She went her own way.
Can we get an AMEN for independent women?
Thank you, Pocahontas.
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳