1. Titanic came out in 1997. I was 6 years old. I didn’t get to watch it until five years later, when I was 11. And when I watched it, things happened.
2. It all started when I noticed the way that Jack was enamored with the mere sight of Rose.
With my braces and uneven hair due to various run-ins with my mother’s scissors in the bathroom mirror, I had never had a boy look at me like that, much less look at me at all.
4. I resumed being my unawakened, 11-year-old self, until I saw the hand caressing.
Not only was Jack teaching Rose how to fly, he was beginning his teaching to me about my sexual desires.
8. I was feeling, feeling so many things, only to be DESTROYED when the car scene came about.
I wanted that to be my hand. I needed that to be my hand. I could no longer breathe.
10. Everything about Jack was flawless. His hair, tousling ever so slightly. His eyebrows, arched in amusement. His lips, pursed in perfection.
I didn’t want a boy to touch me before this movie. I didn’t think about it. I didn’t crave it. But after this movie, my desire to be touched by Jack Dawson consumed me.
11. OH DEAR GOD.
12. THAT SMILE.
13. THIS FACIAL EXPRESSION.
14. THAT ADAM’S APPLE.
:: faints ::
15. So here’s to all of us that experienced a sexual awakening when seeing Jack Dawson on the screen.
16. We won’t ever let you go, Jack.
17. And we would’ve made room for you on the door.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶