A woman has died after she reportedly underwent a breast implant procedure at a Sydney beauty salon that went badly wrong earlier this week.
The 35-year-old woman went into cardiac arrest during a procedure at the Chippendale beauty salon, which she owned, on Wednesday.
She was taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in a critical condition at about 3.30pm, and died on Friday.
A 33-year-old woman who is alleged to have carried out the procedure has been charged with reckless grievous bodily harm and using poison so as to endanger life.
She was refused bail in Central Local Court on Thursday.
The court heard that the 33-year-old woman was a Chinese tourist with no Australian medical qualifications who had administered an anaesthetic and breast filler to the 35-year-old woman, the ABC reported.
"Inquiries are continuing with a view to further legal action being considered," a statement from NSW police said on Friday.
On Tuesday, the 33-year-old woman was also charged with manslaughter.
NSW Police said in a statement that the woman would re-appear in Central Local Court on October 31.