In the TV season of 2015-2016, the alarming trope of 'Bury Your Gays' has become more obvious as ever.
Now that this TV season begins to wind down, we can look back over the last year and take note of how this trope has become ever prominent. The LGBT fandoms around the world have seen serious problems with how all their favourite queer characters are being bumped off their respective shows. Now with television, the Angel of Death is always hovering above a show, ready to strike and break the hearts of fans around the world.
Queer representation has always been weak on television.
So the constant killing of these characters is a serious problem for all fandoms who just want to see themselves represented on TV, without knowing they will probably die in the next few episodes
1. Lexa (The 100, The CW) - Date of Death: March 3rd 2016
2. Camilla Marks-Whiteman (Naomi Campbell) and Mimi Whitman (Marissa Tomei) - Date of Death: April 6th 2016 (Empire, Fox)
3. Denise (Merritt Weaver) - Date of Death: March 20th 2016 (The Walking Dead, AMC)
4. Delphine Cormier (Évelyne Brochu) - Date of Death: June 20th 2015 (Orphan Black, Space/BBC America)
5. Charlie Bradbury (Felicia Day) - Date of Death: May 6th 2015 (Supernatural, The CW)
6. Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) - Date of Death: October 8th 2015 (Arrow, The CW)
7. Naomi Campbell (Lily Loveless) - Date of Death: July 8th 2013 (Skins, E4)
8. Tara Maclay (Amber Benson) - Date of Death: May 7th 2002 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The WB)
YesNoKill the straight, white men instead
The New Alarming Trend In TV
vote votesKill the straight, white men instead