1. The biathlon combines cross-country skiing with rifle shooting.
2. This is the biathlon logo.
3. The sport is actually used by Norwegians as alternative training for their military.
4. This song was written and performed for the U.S. biathlon team.
5. Previously the sport was called military patrol.
6. Biathlon has become an attractive sport in the United States for previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces and veterans.
7. Something called Primitive Biathlon exists so there's that.
8. Norway’s Ole Einar Bjørndalen is tied for the most medals ever won at a Winter Olympics with 12.
9. Some Olympic biathlon competitions consist of up to 12 miles of skiing target shooting.
10. Although the biathlon has been an Olympic sport since 1924, the U.S. didn't earn its first medal until the 2010 Vancouver Olympics when Andy Soule, retired U.S. Army veteran won bronze in the Paralympic games.
11. The biathlon track at the 2014 Sochi Olympics is said to be the hardest in Olympic history.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!