1. Here’s Usain Bolt’s dominating performance in the 200m today.
Bolt’s 19.32 was .12 faster than his countryman Yohan Blake and .52 faster than another Jamaican, Warren Weir. His time is also the same as Michael Johnson’s legendary performance at the 1996 Atlanta Games, which stood as the world record for 12 years.
With this win, Bolt has also done the incredible: he’s won the 100m and 200m, the two premiere short-distance sprinting races, two Olympics in a row. Only two other men have ever repeated as 100m champions, and no one has done it in the 200 — not even Michael Johnson.
2. And true to form, Bolt celebrated in a characteristically ostentations way — with a few casual push-ups.
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- President-elect Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.
- This dad had the most adorable freak out to his family when he met his first alpaca 😂