1. Here’s Usain Bolt’s dominating performance in the 200m today.
Bolt’s 19.32 was .12 faster than his countryman Yohan Blake and .52 faster than another Jamaican, Warren Weir. His time is also the same as Michael Johnson’s legendary performance at the 1996 Atlanta Games, which stood as the world record for 12 years.
With this win, Bolt has also done the incredible: he’s won the 100m and 200m, the two premiere short-distance sprinting races, two Olympics in a row. Only two other men have ever repeated as 100m champions, and no one has done it in the 200 — not even Michael Johnson.
2. And true to form, Bolt celebrated in a characteristically ostentations way — with a few casual push-ups.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰