1. Usain Bolt Dances With The Mascot
After retaining his title of the World’s Fastest Man, Usain Bolt grabbed a “Wenlock,” aka the London 2012 Olympics mascot, and put it to work celebrating his gold.
4. Kirani James Trades Bibs With Oscar Pistorius
Following the men’s 400m semifinal, Grenada’s Kirani James, in an incredible gesture, traded numbers with South Africa’s Oscar Pistorius, the first double-amputee to sprint in the Olympics.
5. Kayla Harrison Jumps Into The Stands To Embrace Her Husband
Harrison won the first judo gold medal in U.S. history and immediately made a beeline for the stands, where her husband was waiting.
6. Daniel Gyurta Has A Copy Of His Medal Made For His Fallen Friend
Alexander Dale Oen was a favorite to win the 200m breaststroke, but he passed away from a heart condition a few months ago. His friend Daniel Gyurta won, and in a touching gesture, he made a copy of his medal for Oen.
8. Andy Murray Basks In The Redemption Of Wimbledon
Only a few weeks ago, Andy Murray had missed out on his chance to become the first British winner of the Wimbledon Open in three-quarters of a century. He redeemed himself at the Olympics on the same tennis court, beating Roger Federer in straight sets for the gold medal.
9. Robert Harting Rips His Shirt
German discus thrower Robert Harting tore his shirt in half after winning gold.
12. U.S. Women’s Soccer Does Something With Their Arms
After a goal against North Korea, the, USWNT showed impressive coordination — and less than impressive dance moves — when they did some cross of the Robot and the Wave.