Enjoy this picture, because it’s the last you’ll see of Tim Tebow as a member of the New York Jets.
1. The Jets trade for Tebow, and he says the word “excited” 44 times in his first press conference.
Or, more than once for every two offensive snaps he would play during the season.
2. Tebow has a terrible preseason and foreshadows the media circus his year will be when a shirtless run in the rain at training camp becomes a national story.
7. When Mark Sanchez is benched, the Jets elect to start Greg McElroy over Tebow. Tebow stands on the sidelines with Sanchez, looking incredibly awkward.
10. After the season is over, Tebow plans to speak at racist and homophobic pastor Robert Jeffress’ Dallas church, then withdraws due to criticism.
11. And, most importantly: Jets coach Rex Ryan is photographed with a tattoo of his wife sexily wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey. His wife is not sexily wearing a Tim Tebow jersey.
Happy trails, Tim Tebow: whether it’s in the Canadian Football League, the Arena Football League, the NFL, or none of the above, the world will surely be watching.
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️