2. Ware’s teammates paid tribute to him by wearing his jersey toward the end of the game…
3. …and then posing with it and the trophy after they won.
4. But on the Internet, someone decided it would be a good idea to create a fake Twitter in Kevin Ware’s name, and send out this tweet.
In the time since the account was created, which was around 6:31 pm EST, it has gained over 4,000 followers. This tweet in particular has been retweeted over 10,000 times. What appears to be Ware’s real Twitter account, @_Woody23, hasn’t tweeted since January 12, 2012. If you scroll through the mentions on this tweet, a number of them are well-wishers — the others are people warning that the account is fake.
5. After that first tweet, the account responded to a few statements of support for Ware, mostly be highly followed individuals, including NBA player Damien Wilkins
6. A Kobe Bryant fan account
7. Rapper Diggy Simmons
8. And the director of social media for Louisville athletics.
9. As of 8 pm EST, the account remains alive.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.