1. During today’s Elite Eight game against Duke, Louisville’s Kevin Ware sustained a broken leg that was one of the most gruesome in sports history. Players on the floor, both Duke and Louisville, looked horrified.
6. Here’s Ware’s coach, Rick Pitino, in tears over the injury.
7. Ware left the stadium on a stretcher. He was reportedly taken to the emergency room with what Lousiville announced as a broken leg.
8. Former NFL quarterback Joe Theismann, who sustained a similarly gruesome leg injury during his career, sent Ware his sympathies.
Watching Duke/ Louisville my heart goes out to Kevin Ware.— Joe Theismann
9. Here’s video of the injury as it happened. WARNING: This video is incredibly graphic.
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›