1. During today’s Elite Eight game against Duke, Louisville’s Kevin Ware sustained a broken leg that was one of the most gruesome in sports history. Players on the floor, both Duke and Louisville, looked horrified.
6. Here’s Ware’s coach, Rick Pitino, in tears over the injury.
7. Ware left the stadium on a stretcher. He was reportedly taken to the emergency room with what Lousiville announced as a broken leg.
8. Former NFL quarterback Joe Theismann, who sustained a similarly gruesome leg injury during his career, sent Ware his sympathies.
Watching Duke/ Louisville my heart goes out to Kevin Ware.— Joe Theismann
9. Here’s video of the injury as it happened. WARNING: This video is incredibly graphic.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️