1. Deadline Hollywood editor Nikki Finke put up this headline today, in the wake of the Aurora Theater shooting in Colorado.
Warner Bros. is cancelling and otherwise changing The Dark Knight Rises premieres and showings, but Deadline seems to be the only site to have directly couched the shooting in terms of its affect on box-office receipts.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the gunman’s shooting in Aurora was timed to coincide with gunfire in the film, layering the real-life tragedy on top of the actual content of The Dark Knight Rises.
- Donald Trump slammed the CIA after reports that the agency believes Russia used hacks to try to help him win.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦