1. Deadline Hollywood editor Nikki Finke put up this headline today, in the wake of the Aurora Theater shooting in Colorado.
Warner Bros. is cancelling and otherwise changing The Dark Knight Rises premieres and showings, but Deadline seems to be the only site to have directly couched the shooting in terms of its affect on box-office receipts.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the gunman’s shooting in Aurora was timed to coincide with gunfire in the film, layering the real-life tragedy on top of the actual content of The Dark Knight Rises.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱