1. Deadline Hollywood editor Nikki Finke put up this headline today, in the wake of the Aurora Theater shooting in Colorado.
Warner Bros. is cancelling and otherwise changing The Dark Knight Rises premieres and showings, but Deadline seems to be the only site to have directly couched the shooting in terms of its affect on box-office receipts.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the gunman’s shooting in Aurora was timed to coincide with gunfire in the film, layering the real-life tragedy on top of the actual content of The Dark Knight Rises.
- The Russian government agrees with Donald Trump's comments that NATO is "obsolete," which the president-elect made during an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.