2. Magic Johnson leads a group of investors who buy the Los Angeles Dodgers for $2.15 billion
Twice the bid of the previous highest price for a sports team ever paid ($1.1 billion for the Dolphins three years ago), Johnson’s purchase takes Dodgers’ management out of the disastrous hands of Frank McCourt. And for that, we can all be thankful.
4. Los Angeles Lakers 104 — Golden State Warriors 101
Hey, remember that time Andrew Bynum took a completely inexplicable three-pointer near the end of the third quarter in a tight game where he was bigger than everyone else on the floor by multiple inches?
5. Milwaukee Bucks 108 — Atlanta Hawks 101
The Great Brandon Jennings And Monta Ellis Experiment hit a serious snag on Monday, when the pair went an egregious 8-36 in a loss to the Knicks. But they managed to partially right the ship last night in a crucial W over the Hawks, with Ellis shootings 15-24 for the floor and scoring 33.
6. Dallas Mavericks 90 — Houston Rockets 81
Houston’s a game out of the playoffs and missing their two best players right now. So, perfect way to coast into the end of the season!
Philadelphia 76ers 103 — Cleveland Cavaliers 85
Memphis Grizzlies 93 — Minnesota Timberwolves 86
San Antonio Spurs 107 — Phoenix Suns 100
Oklahoma City Thunder 109 — Portland Trail Blazers 95
9. Real Madrid 3 — APOEL 0
The Cinderella story came to a crashing end yesterday for APOEL, as they gave up three goals at home to Madrid. Expect the next leg to be uglier.
10. Chelsea 1 — Benfica 0
The Blues managed to beat Benfica in their house, giving them a very strong chance of advancing to the semis. And they did it while resting six players, which makes their chances in the next leg look even better.
12. St. Louis Blues 3 — Nashville Predators 0
The New York Rangers’ success has been one of the major stories of this NHL season, but people ignore the fact that in the West, the Blues have managed to match their win total. Another shutout last night certainly doesn’t hurt.
Carolina Hurricans 3 — Toronto Maple Leafs 0
New Jersey Devils 2 — Chicago Blackhawks 1
New York Islanders 5 — Pittsburgh Penguins 3
Buffalo Sabres 5 — Washington Capitals 1
Boston Bruins 5 — Tampa Bay Lighting 2
Florida Panthers 3 — Montreal Canadiens 2
New York Rangers 3 — Minnesota Wild 2
- The judge who sentenced former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner for sexual assault will no longer hear criminal cases.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 250 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.