1. Aside from the star trio of LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade, Shane Battier’s defense and corner 3s have been as essential to the Miami Heat’s dominance as anyone else.
2. But a weird thing happened during the Eastern Conference Finals against the Indiana Pacers: Battier was overwhelmed by the Pacers’ huge lineups. To the point that, last night, this happened:
3. That’s right: after six games in which he shot 12.5% and averaged 2.8 points, Battier got a DNP-CD in Game 7. :(
4. But Battier’s a team player — also, old and therefore less surprised by these sorts of things — and he figured out a new way to contribute if he couldn’t be playing.
5. “Hey, LeBron — you got a little sweat there. Little sweat on your arm. I’m going to dry your arm. Let me towel you off. Yeah. You feel better now. Go score 32 points.”
First game Shane Battier towels off LeBron James, and the Heat win by 23. Coincidence?????
Yeah. Probably a coincidence.
No, definitely a coincidence.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He thought two of them were Middle Eastern, but they weren't.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝