17 Times "DuckTales" Was The Most Delightfully Crazy Show On TV
REMINDER: DuckTales was sort of insane.
1. The episode where they parodied Homer's Odyssey, complete with creepy duck Sirens:
2. When this dinosaur somehow got an adorable little jail hat:
3. When Scrooge went to the future, and got to see the adult versions of Huey, Dewey, Louie:
4. The episode where Donald gets tricked into giving up military secrets to a foreign spy about a classified Navy submarine.
5. The episode where Scrooge invests in a convention center, and a bunch of movie monsters show up in a pink car to use it for a meeting.
6. The episode where Duckburg suffers from a serious case of inflation due to an influx of fake currency:
7. The episode where Huey, Louie, and Dewey conspire to fix a horse race.
8. When one of the character's worst fears turned out to be a giant evil banana:
9. When the bank-robbing Beagle Boys somehow became the biggest band in Duckburg:
10. The episode when Scrooge got amnesia, and then led a strike against his own company.
11. Everything about the wonderful Raiders of the Lost Ark parody episode, "Raiders of the Lost Harp."
THE HARP WAS ALSO A TALKING DUCK.
12. When Gyro basically turned one of the characters into the duck version of Iron Man:
13. When Scrooge tried to sell his surplus wheat crop, and somehow accidentally ended up shrinking himself and his grand-nephews.
14. The episode where Scrooge steals all of Atlantis' gold just so he can win a contest over who is the richest duck in Duckburg.
15. When it had a parody character of J. Edgar Hoover named J. Gander Hoover.
16. The episode where Scrooge pilots a ship called the Hindentanic, and the great duck actress Gloria Swansong made a cameo:
This show was filled with references that kids were probably not going to get.