A Teen Shared Unwritten Rules His Mom Makes Him Follow As A Young Black Man
"Don't drive with a wifebeater on. Don't drive with a du-rag on. Don't go out in public with neither."
Cameron Welch is an 18-year-old who lives in Houston.
And he recently shared a TikTok that has gone viral, generating over 8 million views. In the video, he tells the unwritten rules his mom makes him follow as a young black man:
Below are the rules he highlights in his TikTok:
– Don't put your hands in your pockets.
– Don't put your hoodie on.
– Don't be outside without a shirt on.
– Check in with your people, even if you're down the street.
– Don't be out too late.
– Don't touch anything you're not buying.
– Never leave the store without a receipt or a bag, even if it's just a pack of gum.
– Never make it look like there's an altercation between you and someone else.
– Never leave the house without your ID.
– Don't drive with a wifebeater on.
– Don't drive with a du-rag on.
– Don't go out in public with a wifebeater or a du-rag.
– Don't ride with the music too loud.
– Don't stare at a Caucasian woman.
– If a cop stops you randomly and starts questioning you, don't talk back, just compromise.
– If you ever get pulled over, put your hands on the dashboard and ask if you can get your license and registration out.