1. Last week, Marvel’s latest TV show Iron Fist was released on Netflix.
2. Prior to the show’s release, early reviews said the show was racist, boring, and failed to live up to the hype surrounding the show.
3. Now the show has been released, many fans have also expressed their disappointment in the show. One consistent highlight, however, has been the character of Zhou Cheng, played by Lewis Tan.
5. Last year, Tan, a trained martial artist, revealed that he had been considered for the role of Danny Rand, the lead in the show.
6. The part ultimately went to Finn Jones, but Tan used the opportunity to advocate for more Asian actors in TV and film.
7. Over the weekend, people have been tweeting Tan to say how much they enjoyed his appearance in the show.
10. Tan has been has appreciated the praise.
12. Like, really appreciated it.
16. Well is he wrong?
UPDATE: Speaking to BuzzFeed News, Tan said the response he's had to his role has been hugely inspiring.
“It was frustrating losing the role of Danny, as an actor you learn to deal with this often but this one hurt more because it was a long process and it felt like a loss for an huge opportunity of representation for Asian Americans,” he said, “So playing Zhou and hearing the fans go crazy about the work I did is of course inspiring and makes me grateful.”
- Republicans gave up on their Obamacare replacement. Trump demanded the House vote, but there still wasn't enough support.
- Donald Trump, who wrote a book about his ability to get deals done, lost in his highest stakes negotiation yet — the battered GOP health care bill.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached it's iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃