1. "The only thing I'm hiding under this fabulous cape is my ambition."
Chanel evening ensemble ca. 1930
2. "Every feather was plucked from the cape of a fallen king."
Alexander McQueen, fall/winter 2008-9
3. "My ascent to power was as smooth and simple as this flawless look."
4. "You think this is a hand me down because another Queen wore it? Consider it a badge of approval and a warning."
5. "Short and sweet just like your impending doom."
Evening dress, 1924
6. "Let my sparkle distract you while I steal your land and your tithes."
7. "Me on my way to steal your sociopolitical influence."
8. *blinds you with Queenly perfection*
9. "Do I look like I care for your diplomatic solution?"
10. "This gown used to be white before I was called into battle and bathed in the blood of my enemies."
11. "This is so nice and cozy, I'll be taking it from you now."
Gallenga cape ca. 1914-20
12. "I'm the Queen and I'll show off my genius if I want to."
13. "These are the twelve tiers of perfection you must attain before you can even think of dethroning me."
14. "Yes perfect, just enough room to hide a full crossbow and several throwing knives."
15. "Actually taking care of velvet is relatively easy when you can manage to run a whole empire."
16. "Bow before your dark and beautiful Queen."
17. "I've conquered as many countries as there are form-flattering drapes on this gown."
18. "It goes from funeral to coronation with just one simple accessory!"
19. "A rose for every every person I've felled on my way to the top."
A Catherine Walker burgundy velvet sheath with embroidered tailcoat, 1992
20. "About to make it rain pain on Spain's plains."
Balenciaga cocktail dress ca. 1957
21. "Do I look like a princess to you? Honey I'm a motherfucking QUEEN."
22. "My loungewear is fiercer than your Sunday best."
Dressing gown, Japan for the Western market, late 19th - early 20th century