1. Updated — 2:19 p.m. ET
2. Justin Bieber was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest, and driving with an expired license, Miami Beach police said.
Justin Bieber was allegedly under the influence of alcohol, prescription drugs, and marijuana when he was arrested, according to Miami Beach police.
Miami Beach police confirmed the arrests Bieber and Khalil Sharief, a rapper signed to Def Jam Records, in tweets from the department’s official account.
Police said Bieber was in a yellow rented Lamborghini and drag racing with Khalil. According to the police report, officers saw two cars racing at 4:09 a.m. Thursday. The two were seen doing 55–60 mph in a 30 mph residential zone.
Bieber failed a field sobriety test and was taken to the Miami Beach police station for a Breathalyzer, police said. Bieber and Khalil were transported to the Miami-Dade County jail.
According to the police report, Bieber initially was not cooperative when the officer pulled him over, asking, “What the fuck did I do?”
The report states that Bieber refused to get out of his car and later would not take his hands out of his pockets.
When the officer told Bieber he would have to perform a “cursory pat down,” the singer allegedly said, “I ain’t got no fucking weapons. Why do you have to search me? What the fuck is this about?”
Bieber was represented by celebrity attorney Roy Black when he appeared in Miami-Dade Circuit court Thursday afternoon. A judge set his bond at $2,500.
3. Here’s Bieber appearing via video conference before Judge Joseph P. Farina, where his bond was set at $2,500.
6. He was released from Turner Guiford Knight correctional institute around 2 p.m. ET.
Justin Bieber after posting bond on his DUI arrest.
The Associated Press described the the street where police say Bieber was racing as “a palm-tree-lined residential area in mid-Miami Beach. Along one side of the street are small apartment buildings, and on the other side are a high school, a youth center, a golf course and a city firehouse.”
10. The mug shot of Khalil, who was arrested with Bieber.
11. The yellow car on the right is said to be the vehicle Bieber was in at the time of his arrest.
Just hours earlier the 19-year-old tweeted a picture of himself leaning against the car. He also posted a picture of a female friend driving the Lamborghini, but the images have since been deleted from his account.
13. But Khalil still has this image on his Instagram page, taken hours earlier.
14. Justin has been spotted around Miami in the last few days, at a skatepark and enjoying a ride on a Segway.
15. This arrest is Bieber’s latest brush with the law. He was recently accused of causing thousands of dollars of damage by throwing eggs at a neighbor’s home in Los Angeles.
Police then raided Justin’s Los Angeles mansion (above) leading to rapper Lil Za being arrested on suspicion of drug possession.
- A Trump adviser is presenting himself as the unlikely go-between for a global elite he wants to understand Trump.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.