1. J.K. Rowling is the undisputed queen of Twitter.
2. She’s outspoken.
4. And is pretty damn hilarious.
5. She uses it to perfectly slam internet trolls.
6. Especially when it comes to LGBT rights.
7. Whether it’s confirming Hogwarts was a safe place for LGBT students.
8. Celebrating Ireland’s same-sex marriage ruling.
9. Or calling out anti-gay activist group Westboro Baptist Church.
10. She’s constantly awesome at social networking.
11. Especially when it comes to communicating with her Harry Potter cast.
12. Whether it’s praising Emma Watson’s #HeForShe campaign.
13. Or commenting on Neville Longbottom’s photo shoots.
Which gives us an excuse to show you it again.
14. She also always takes care of her Potter family.
Evanna Lynch, who plays Luna Lovegood, had an eating disorder as a young teen and found solace in Harry Potter. She wrote to J.K. Rowling. “I told her how I looked up to her. She wrote back and was like a counsellor. She told me anorexia is destructive, not creative, and the brave thing was not to succumb to it.”
Lynch explained, “I told her I’d love to be in the films and she encouraged that but said I’d need to be well to do so. In the end I think that’s why I recovered.”