The Best Crispy Buffalo Wings
Watch the recipe video here:
2 pounds chicken wings, pat dry
¾ cup cornstarch, divided
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
⅔ cup water
Oil, for frying
½ cup buffalo sauce
1. In a bowl, toss ¼ cup of cornstarch and the chicken wings together until fully coated. Transfer the wings to a wire rack and rest for 20 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ½ cup cornstarch, flour, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Gradually whisk in water, breaking up any lumps, mixing until smooth. The batter should be slightly runny.
4. Coat chicken wings in the batter, shaking off any excess.
5. Heat oil in a pot to 350°F (180°C).
6. Add the wings in batches, cooking for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Once chicken is cooked, transfer to a on a wire rack set on top of a paper towel-lined sheet pan.
8. Transfer chicken to a clean bowl, and drizzle with top buffalo sauce, tossing to coat wings.
9. Transfer to a serving plate, serve with either ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks. Enjoy!