Honey-Garlic Pulled Pork Pull Aparts
1 tablespoon salt
1½ teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4-6 pounds boneless pork shoulder
3 large garlic cloves
1 cup + 1 tablespoon honey, divided
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
12 dinner rolls
18 slices cheese
1. Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C.
2. Combine cayenne, salt, and ginger. Set aside.
3. Place small cuts into the pork and insert the garlic (cut about 1½ inches deep, so the garlic is completely inserted).
4. Place in a roasting pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake covered for 4-5 hours, checking hourly (rotate). Pork should be nicely browned and evenly roasting.
5. In the final 30 minutes of roasting, cover with 1 cup of honey. Continue to roast until meat is falling apart and completely cooked (170° internal temperature at the thickest part).
6. Remove from pan and using forks to shred meat (making sure to incorporate garlic pieces). There should be nice pieces of caramelized crusty meat.
7. Combine 3 tablespoons of butter with 1 tablespoon of honey. Set aside.
8. Lightly spray large piece of foil with cooking spray. Slice rolls down the center opening in one large piece (keeping the rolls connected). Place six slices of cheese on the bottom and top with shredded pork, and top with 12 additional slices of cheese.
9. Cover with the “top” of the rolls and brush with the honey butter. Wrap tightly in foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately.