1. So, the standard is the cucumber.
But Cucumis sativus is not the only pickleable entity in the world. Basically anything can be pickled. And if it can be be done, why not do it, right? Essentially, pickling is just a way to preserve food by holding it in a solution so acidic that most bacteria won’t survive.
Let’s start with some standards
4. We also like our pickles like this:
In chip form, of course.
5. Or like this…
—I wouldn’t even try this.
How about a little more exotic
12. Eh, pickled meat pickled feet.
Why would someone need a “value pack” of these?
13. Pickled Bologna
15. Pickled snake!
—alright, it’s not really pickled. It’s 蛇酒 or Vietnamese Snake Wine. Close enough, though!
- The White House continued to defend rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized recreational use.
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at the Coachella festival, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while she's pregnant 🐝😭
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case of two teens found dead in the woods: a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."