2. In 2010, Takashi Tezuka (the director behind the earliest Legend of Zelda games) said that “Twin Peaks” was a huge influence behind “Link’s Awakening.”
“At the time, Twin Peaks was rather popular. The drama was all about a small number of characters in a small town,” said Tezuka. “So when it came to Link’s Awakening, I wanted to make something that, while it would be small enough in scope to easily understand, it would have deep and distinctive characteristics.”
3. You’ll have to thank Adrian Volovets for bringing all of this to its logical conclusion:
4. Here’s Laura Palmer’s theme:
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲