You may know Zadie Smith as the virtuosic author of NW and White Teeth.
The best thing you can do is read her novels. The second best thing is to read her essays on anything.
3. And about book reviews.
From “The Difficult Gifts of David Foster Wallace”:
7. She sparred with the most feared English book critic and won the debate with grace.
It wasn’t a bloodsport. It was a great conversation.
10. She refuses to be pigeonholed.
11. She refused the deification of Steve Jobs.
From “Creativity As Refusal”:
15. In sum: Read her fiction. Read her essays. Read everything she ever writes.
- It's official: Democratic delegates picked Hillary Clinton as the first female presidential nominee of a major US party 🙋
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.