You may know Zadie Smith as the virtuosic author of NW and White Teeth.
The best thing you can do is read her novels. The second best thing is to read her essays on anything.
3. And about book reviews.
From “The Difficult Gifts of David Foster Wallace”:
7. She sparred with the most feared English book critic and won the debate with grace.
It wasn’t a bloodsport. It was a great conversation.
10. She refuses to be pigeonholed.
11. She refused the deification of Steve Jobs.
From “Creativity As Refusal”:
15. In sum: Read her fiction. Read her essays. Read everything she ever writes.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩