You may know Zadie Smith as the virtuosic author of NW and White Teeth.
The best thing you can do is read her novels. The second best thing is to read her essays on anything.
3. And about book reviews.
From “The Difficult Gifts of David Foster Wallace”:
7. She sparred with the most feared English book critic and won the debate with grace.
It wasn’t a bloodsport. It was a great conversation.
10. She refuses to be pigeonholed.
11. She refused the deification of Steve Jobs.
From “Creativity As Refusal”:
15. In sum: Read her fiction. Read her essays. Read everything she ever writes.
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.