1. First of all, let's make it clear we're talking about historic boundaries here. This is true Lancashire:
2. Yorkshire may have the North York Moors, but we have some pretty dramatic countryside too.
3. Lots of it.
5. Even Blackpool can look pretty special.
6. Prefer fewer illuminations? There's this beautiful beach at Formby.
Seriously just look at that beach.
7. And right behind it is a wood with some of the last remaining red squirrels in the UK.
Which apart from anything else are just so amazingly cute.
8. Lancashire has some excellent place names.
Nob End is a former waste site that's now a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
9. And we know when to (sliiightly) vandalise a sign for the sake of a pun.
11. The first fish and chip shop in the north of England opened in Lancashire.
12. Lancashire is basically the pie capital of the world.
13. I mean, we invented the butter pie.
14. And the Wigan Slappy.
15. Though admittedly some take the whole pie thing a bit too far.
16. Lots of Lancashire has soft water so you can make a decent cup of tea.
17. We make the best Parkin. And bonfire toffee.
Something to do with those treacle mines in Sabden?
18. Eccles cakes and simnel cake.
19. We invented Vimto, the greatest of all the cordials.
Vimto was created in 1908 in a warehouse in Manchester as a health tonic. In 1913 it as was rebranded as a cordial.
20. And of course the Lancashire hot pot, as well as a ton of other great food.
Don't ever move down south they don't know what black peas are and its awful.
21. Black puddings > Yorkshire puddings.
22. We know how to have a proper night out.
23. Some of the best bands are from Lancashire.
24. It's kind of embarrassing how many there are tbh.
26. We have the most successful football team in Premier League history.
27. Remember school trips to Camelot?
Who needs Alton Towers when you have a theme park that runs jousting tournaments? (Sadly Camelot closed in 2012 :( )
28. And the Museum of Science and Industry.
Where you'd run straight to the interactive bit and promptly break all the exhibits.