22 Frustrating Things About Looking For A Flatshare In London
1. There are so many options you don't know where to start.
2. Your sign up for ALL the alerts and your email inbox soon looks this.
3. Words like "cosy" take on whole new meanings.
"Spacious" basically just means you can open the door.
4. You realise pretty early on that you can't afford to get annoyed by things like bad spelling.
5. Or ALL CAPS. Or exclamation marks.
6. You soon discover that all people are terrible.
7. Really, really terrible.
8. You start to wonder whether you're being too fussy.
9. Some room ads make you question whether the advertiser really wants a housemate at all.
10. Or, er, something else.
11. Like someone to dress up as a walrus for two hours every day.
12. You get unreasonably excited when you get emails like this.
13. You are forced to become much more optimistic than you'd like.
Maybe the lighting was just off and the room is not bright orange? And that is probably a walk in wardrobe and not the actual room, right?
14. And to basically double how much you're willing to spend a month.
15. Prospective housemates want your whole life story before they'll even let you see the room.
Is it not enough that I'm not weird and can pay the rent?
16. You get so desperate you consider moving into this former storage space.
According to the ad: ""Ideally it would suit someone less than 5’4 tall and with no history of claustrophobia." But at least its only £40 a week, and right next to Paddington!
17. Eventually you decide that you could settle for living with someone who's "an OK person".
Bonus points if they have a "normal" house.