17 Santana Moments From "Glee" That Made LGBTQ People Feel Seen
"If it weren’t for Santana, I don’t think I would be who I am today."
1. First, when Santana came out to her grandmother.
2. When Santana sang "Landslide" with Brittany, and it made her finally realize her feelings for her.
3. When Santana told Brittany she loved her and wanted to be with her.
4. When she told Karofsky, "The only straight I am is straight-up bitch."
5. When she serenaded Brittany with "Songbird."
6. When she called out Principal Figgins for his double standards about public displays of affection at school.
7. When she confronted Finn after he outed her in the hallway at school.
8. When she realized that she used sarcasm and dry humor as a coping mechanism because she was struggling to accept her sexuality.
9. When the women of New Directions performed "I Kissed a Girl" with her.
10. When she was afraid to wear the shirt Brittany made for her and dance with everyone else in the "Born This Way" episode.
11. When she knew she was about to be outed by the campaign ad and cried because her parents didn't even know yet.
12. When we finally got to see Brittany and Santana kiss on screen.
13. When she and Brittany sat down with Holly Holiday to discuss their feelings.
14. When she performed the song "Valerie" as lead singer.
15. When she accepted that she wasn't attracted to men.
16. When she was just unapologetically herself.
17. And finally, Santana's entire character arc overall.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.