Instead of fixating on butterflies and beginnings, spend this Valentine's Day listening to music that celebrates all the communication, commitment and hard work real love requires.
1. Bubblegum rockers Paramore's espouse the virtues of long-term relationships on "Still Into You."
2. Johnny Cash's freight train-inspired ode to fidelity, "I Walk The Line."
3. Lovers remain strangers on Wilco's sunny "You And I."
4. Reality forces Selena Gomez to get out of bed on the bouncy "Do It."
5. Whiskey and whips keep the fire burning for Ashley Monroe on "Weed Instead Of Roses."
6. The hushed, intimate promises of D'Angelo And The Vanguard's "Really Love."
7. Bipolar Sunshine's buzzing, patient "Love More Worry Less."
8. The Dixie Chicks quietly content "Easy Silence."
9. Bloc Party's anxious, propulsive take on "This Modern Love."
10. The Maccabees' refreshingly mundane "Toothpaste Kisses."
11. TV On The Radio's "Province" makes toughing it out sound romantic.
12. Country supergroup Pistol Annies get right to the point on the subdued "I Hope You're The End Of My Story."
13. The soaringly confident "Next To Me" from Scottish soul singer Emeli Sandé.
14. Hilary Duff's pro-communication club banger "With Love."
15. Miranda Lambert's celebrates the day to day on the twangy, laidback "Easy Living."
16. "400 Lux," actual teen Lorde's siren-inflected take on young love.
17. Charli XCX's relishes all that husband and wife shit on "What I Like."
18. The tough love of The Civil Wars' lush "Same Old Same Old."
19. Beyoncé's effervescent ode to the here and now, "XO."
20. Bleachers' pillow-talky "Wake Me."
21. The sexy and introspective "Mirrors" from Justin Timberlake.
21. No Doubt admit it isn't always easy on the dancehall-inspired "Underneath It All."
22. The Magnetic Fields' "The Book Of Love" admits romance can sometimes seem kind of dumb.
23. The piano-laden promise of The Zombies' "This Will Be Our Year."
24. Pat Benatar's urgent, anthemic "Love Is A Battlefield."
25. Country queen Shania Twain sings the praises of her longterm love on "You're Still The One."
26. Alt-pop star Sky Ferreira's learns to love again on the glittery, lo-fi "Boys."
27. The Beach Boys face the unknown on the epic, swelling "God Only Knows."
28. Real-life exes Drake and Rihanna work out their issues on the surprisingly sweet "Take Care."
29. The National's dreamy, down-to-earth "Slow Show."
30. The groovy, optimistic "You Make Loving Fun" from Fleetwood Mac.
31. Kacey Musgraves friends-with-benefits ballad "It Is What It Is."
32. The Beatles' affectionate, uncertain "Something."
33. Snow Patrol don't ask for much on "Chasing Cars."
34. English singer-songwriter Jessie Ware's struggles through her relationship's "Wildest Moments" on her breakthrough single.