1. Grab that book you’ve been meaning to read, this is one of the precious few summers you won’t have to read anything for school.
2. Do something you’ve always been too afraid to try.
But nothing, like, too crazy.
3. Throw a fancy theme party so you can wear your prom dress again.
And rock the hairstyle you didn’t try at prom.
4. Drive around for no reason, roll the windows down, blast your favorite song.
And when people stare, just smile and wave.
5. Fall head over heels into summer love.
You’re only young once.
6. Start and finish a creative project.
You probably won’t have a lot of time once the semester starts.
7. Take too many pictures, you’ll want all of them someday.
You might remember the big moments, but over time, you’ll forget the wonderful details.
8. Go to the a theme park with your friends and make a pact to ride every roller coaster.
And if you hate roller coasters, make a pact to play every cheesy game in the park.
9. And eat Dippin’ Dots and cotton candy all day.
Your stomach won’t be this youthful and resilient forever.
11. Explore your hometown, go somewhere new.
It’s bigger than you think.
12. And also frequent all your old favorite spots.
Soon, it won’t be so easy to get to them.
13. Eat at your favorite local restaurant as often as you can.
You’ve only got a few months left to get through the whole menu. Twice.
14. Go on a spontaneous road trip with your friends.
Decide to do it, and then just do it.
15. Take the plunge and get the hairstyle you keep debating.
It’ll grow out by the end of the summer anyway.
16. Have lunch with your favorite teacher.
Good mentors are hard to find.
17. Make all sorts of time for your friends, soon you’ll be going in different directions.
18. But make even more time for your family. Come Fall, you’ll miss them more than you realize.
19. But also give yourself some alone time (especially if you’re going to have a roommate soon).
20. Don’t waste time worrying about the future this summer, this is the one summer when you can afford to not worry about anything.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 11 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.