1. She never cracks under pressure.
2. Which is part of what makes her the ultimate talk show guest.
3. And the MOST FUN EVER at awards shows.
Remember when she outdrank everyone at every awards show this year, and apologized to no one?
4. Her daughter was her date to the Golden Globes this year.
5. She's a feminist.
6. She dedicated her 1992 Oscar to "the heroism and the courage of women."
7. When it comes to pressure put on young women to look a certain way today, she "wouldn’t have put up with a single bloody minute of that" in her 20s.
8. She's single-handedly made it socially acceptable for women to drunkenly toss their heels.
9. Once, she wrapped Colin Firth in a faux fur boa, and the world was a brighter place.
10. She's so unbelievably cool, other celebrities get starstruck around her.
11. She made out with Meryl Streep in Angels in America.
12. She is officially the only person in history to rock overalls at Disney World.
13. She made Shakespeare awesomely accessible.
And her Beatrice will never be topped.
14. She's BFFL with Snape IRL.
SNAPE + TRELAWNEY = SHIP IT
15. And, like the rest of us, she's crushing on Lupita Nyong'o.
And, obviously, it's mutual.
16. In 1993, she was nominated for TWO Academy Awards at the same time.
17. She also has an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for Sense and Sensibility because SHE CAN DO ANYTHING.
18. AND THEN SHE MARRIED WILLOUGHBY.
Yes, in 2003 she married that charming villain who broke Kate Winslet's heart in Sense and Sensibility.
19. She's a humanitarian who tackles serious issues.
Back in 2009, she was part of an exhibit called "Journey" that travelled around the world, shining a spotlight on the atrocities of sex trafficking.