1. 2012, Lady Gaga
Sparkly catsuits = always in style.
2012, Lady Gaga, again.
Looking like the Statue of Liberty = also always in style.
2. 2012, Florence Welch
Flowing robes, naturally, for Florence.
3. 2011, Natasha Bedingfield
4. 2011, Nicki Minaj
Cyborg-Jetson-Robot-girl. Is this how we will be dressing in the future?
5. 2011, Ke$ha
Ke$ha was the perfect person to ask to perform on New Year’s Eve because she already only wears sparkly things.
6. 2011, Avril Lavigne
Punk goes to the prom.
7. Fergie has worn a lot of glitter outfits. Like this one from 2011.
Or this one from 2010.
Or this one, on that same night:
8. 2010, Jennifer Lopez
This bodysuit was much-maligned, and unfortunately, only the beginning of J.Lo’s obsession with them.
9. 2009, Keri Hilson
This appears to be some cross between leather and patent leather, if such a thing exists.
10. 2009, Solange
11. 2009, Taylor Swift
Performing for New Year’s Eve with Carson Daly, Taylor accessorized her party dress with some leather sleeves.
12. 2007, Nicole Scherzinger
Nicole and the Pussycat Dolls got the sparkle/gold memo.
14. 2004, Cyndi Lauper
Black, studded leather – or are those what we would call baubles?
15. 2004, Jessica Simpson
RIP this shirt, which is probably in some pile of landfill somewhere.
16. 2000, Christina Aguilera
Genie in a Bottle, always making sure that you know what her hit song is.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.