All Of Udemy's Online Courses Are On Sale, So Now's The Time To Pick Up A New Skill
🇨🇦From photography to cooking to foreign languages and more, and prices start as low as $14.99!🇨🇦
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hello, Canada! Are you in the mood to try something new? Do you have a never-ending bucket list of things you want to do, like learning another language or learning to play an instrument? Well, now is the day to pick up a new hobby, because for BuzzFeed readers right now, Udemy is having a HUGE sale, and prices start as low as 🚨$14.99.🚨 And that's in 🇨🇦CANADIAN DOLLARS.🇨🇦
If you've never heard of Udemy, here's a quick rundown: It's an online learning platform that offers over *100,000* different courses on anything from drawing and cooking to web development and photography.
It's a great way to try a new activity or add a new skill or certification to your resume. And you won't have to break the bank to do it! You'll also have lifetime access to the course, so you can always go back to refresh your skills.
If you're having trouble figuring out exactly which Udemy course you want to take, here are some of our favourites:
1. A iPhone photography course that'll show you how to take professional pictures with your smartphone, so you won't have to take 87 photos just to get a few good pics for the 'gram.
3. A houseplants 101 course that'll teach you how to keep your plant babies thriving instead of just surviving. You'll learn about the anatomy of a plant, how and when to water it, and how to take care of all those pesky insects.
4. A knitting course, so you can make your own ugly Christmas sweater this year. You'll learn how to add and drop loops, how to change colours, and, most importantly, learn how to read to a pattern. There are seven projects to complete, including a scarf, a teddy bear, a hat, and a blanket.
5. A WordPress for beginners course that'll show you the ins and outs of building and managing your own website. Whether you're creating a personal or business website, this course will show you the main features you'll need to understand, how to find and install relevant plugins, and all the ways you can customize your site.
6. A career development course that'll improve your interviewing skills, so you actually have an answer to that dreaded question: What is your greatest weakness? You'll also learn how to spruce up your resume, build a profile on LinkedIn, and feel more confident about networking.
7. An art animation course that'll teach you how to draw the characters that have been living in your imagination. It's a great course for beginners, because you'll learn the basics of colour and lighting, as well as different techniques and digital tools that'll improve your drawing skills.
8. A creative writing course that'll help you brainstorm a few new ideas, if you've been dealing with writer's block lately. It's a great course for writers because it's filled with helpful exercises that'll get your creative juices flowing, improve your writing and editing skills, and develop better writing habits.
9. An Adobe Photoshop course that'll teach you how to edit and retouch pictures, plus you'll be able to create your own designs like a professional graphic designer. It's a beginner course, so you won't need any prior knowledge of Photoshop.
10. A Spanish for beginners course that'll teach you conversational Spanish in just a few weeks. You'll learn hundreds of basic and relevant phrases that you can actually use, so you'll more confident about speaking to native Spanish speakers.
11. A social media marketing course that'll teach you how to about advertising on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. You'll learn how to build and run paid ads and how to boost your content or business using SEO, making it a great course for bloggers, business owners, and anyone who works in digital marketing.
12. A body language course that'll teach you how to basically become a human lie detector. You'll learn how to review face and body signals to better understand the connection between body language and emotion. It'll show you how to read someome's nonverbal cues and improve your own communication skills, too.
13. A sourdough breadmaking course, so you can finally master the art of making sourdough bread. You'll learn important terminology, history, and techniques about bread, and you'll learn how to bake two styles of sourdough—the Boule and the French Sourdough.
14. An SEO training course that'll show you how to improve your content's ranking in search engine results for Google, Bing, and more. You'll learn how to get indexed by search engines, and you'll learn how to use a ton of free online SEO tools.
15. An Microsoft Excel course that'll teach you the fundamentals of the program, so you'll feel more confident about it. You'll learn how to create a pivot table, how to use formulas, and how to format a spreadsheet. And at the end, you'll receive a certificate showing you're actually proficient in Excel.
16. A sign language course that'll teach you how to communicate using ASL. You'll learn about the history of the language, basic animals, foods, and drink signs, and how to finger spell. And you'll have access to a workbook, so you can practice anywhere.
17. A time management course that'll teach you how to be more productive, if that's something you struggle with. It's designed specifically for students who find themselves overwhelmed by work. You'll develop a plan that'll help you make better use of your time throughout the day.
18. A memory and speed reading course that'll help you get through dense articles, books, and documents faster AND actually remember what you've read. You'll focus on how your memory works and ways to improve it, so you're able to quickly store and recall information.
19. A Linux training course that'll teach you the ins and outs of the popular operating system. By the end, you'll know how to write shell scripts and how to administer over 150 commands. And you'll have access to a bonus resume and interview workshop that'll prepare you for a future in IT.
20. And lastly, a guitar course that'll teach you how to strum like a rock star. You'll learn more about different chords, scales, and guitar theory, and there are over 34 hours of video exercises to practice with. All you'll need is a guitar!
And there are thousands of other courses to choose from! Go check out all the Udemy online courses that are on sale right now for as little as $14.99.
Don't forget, the sale ends September 30!