17 Small Rom-Com Moments You Probably Never Cared About Until Reading This Post
Mark Ruffalo in 13 Going on 30 is simply *chef's kiss*.
1. In Someone Great, when Jenny writes a love letter to Nate on the train about their breakup, knowing she'd never send it to him, but still needing a space to pour her heartbreak.
2. In The Holiday, when Miles and Iris are at his piano, and he reveals he wrote a theme song for her only using "the good notes."
3. In To All the Boys I've Loved Before, when Peter leans on Lara Jean's shoulder in the back of the bus and snuggles up to her in the cutest way.
4. In Bridget Jones's Diary, when Mark subtly defends Bridget when the couples at the dinner party bombard her with questions about being single in her thirties.
5. In 10 Things I Hate About You, when Patrick tucks a piece of Kat's hair ever so slightly behind her ear after a romantic afternoon of playing paintball.
6. In My Big Fat Greek Wedding, when Ian is baptized into Toula's church to show his love and commitment, and her immediate family comes to watch in both surprise and admiration.
7. In When Harry Met Sally..., when Marie (aka Carrie Fisher) delivers this hilarious one-liner to Sally when she spots Harry spying on them in the bookstore.
8. In Sleepless in Seattle, when Sam is nervous about going on his first date since his wife died, and asks his best friend if his butt looks good enough.
9. In How Stella Got Her Groove Back, when Stella and Winston inch closer and closer to each other on the blanket as they watch the sun set.
10. In But I'm a Cheerleader, when Graham secretly touches Megan's arm during one of Mary's boring anti-gay presentations, unafraid to show how she feels about her.
11. In Queen & Slim, when Queen and Slim dance together for the first time at the juke joint, and a future conversation between the two characters plays in the background instead of music.
12. In A Lot like Love, when Oliver and Emily pull their car to the side of the road and take a naked self-portrait of them kissing in the moonlight.
13. At the end of Love & Basketball, when Monica and Quincy's daughter cheers her mother on while she's playing basketball, and Monica happily looks back with love and admiration.
14. In 13 Going on 30, when Jenna surprises Matt at his apartment asking him to go for a walk, and he gives her this sweet, doting stare in return.
15. In Always Be My Maybe, when Mrs. Kim (aka Judy) teaches young Sasha how to make kimchi-jjigae with love and care, which ultimately inspires Sasha to become a chef when she's an adult.
16. In Booksmart, when Amy jumps in the pool at Nick's party and explores her surroundings underwater in the most freeing way, which unfortunately results in heartbreak.
17. And in While You Were Sleeping, when Jack describes the romantic concept of "leaning" to Lucy, and as he does, they slowly lean into each other.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.