19 "Harry Potter" Movie Moments That Still Don't Make Sense After All This Time
Why did Harry, Ron, and Hermione return to Hogwarts every year when only bad things happened to them?!
1. Why didn't Harry repair Hogwarts and everything else that was destroyed from the Battle of Hogwarts before breaking the Elder Wand?
2. Where exactly was Hagrid's hut located on the Hogwarts grounds? In Sorcerer's Stone, it was to the right of the castle, and in Prisoner of Azkaban it was further down the hill — did he move?
3. Why did Voldemort always wait until the end of the school year to try to kill Harry? Didn't he have hundreds of other opportunities to do so?
4. What ever happened to the Dursleys? They packed up and moved away in the beginning of Deathly Hallows: Part 1, but we never learned where they went.
5. Why did Hermione only use the time-turner to take extra classes and save Buckbeak? Couldn't she have traveled to a different time to save a wizard or witch's life instead?
6. Where exactly did Harry get the two-way mirror in Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2? We know he was able to see Aberforth Dumbledore through it, but it was never explained *where* it came from and *why* it showed up?
7. Why did Voldemort's body disintegrate when he died in Deathly Hallows: Part 2? If all of his Horcruxes were destroyed, shouldn't he have died like a "normal" wizard?
8. And what happened to the Death Eaters who survived the Battle of Hogwarts? Did they still support Voldemort after his death, or were they eventually hunted down and killed?
9. When the heck did Tonks and Lupin have their son? Why was he never mentioned until the Resurrection Stone scene in the last movie?
10. Why did Professor Slughorn act like he'd never heard of dentistry before in his life, when it actually existed in the wizarding world?
11. Why did Hermione, Ron, and Harry return to Hogwarts every year when seriously traumatic things happened to them? Didn't they realize it was an unsafe place to be?
12. Why was Lupin on the Hogwarts Express in the beginning of Prisoner of Azkaban? Couldn't he have just apparated to Hogwarts?
13. How did Peter Pettigrew not recognize Ron at Malfoy Manor? Wasn't he Ron's pet rat for several years, and therefore well aware he was best friends with Harry?
14. Where the heck did Dobby go after becoming a free elf in Chamber of Secrets? Why was he absent from most of the series, only returning in Deathly Hallows: Part 1 to be killed by Bellatrix?
15. Because performing magic is illegal for underage wizards outside of school, why wasn't Harry expelled for using the "lumos" spell in Prisoner of Azkaban?
16. How does the invisibility cloak know when to "turn invisible," and why does it only work on humans?
17. If Dumbledore and McGonagall knew just how abusive the Dursleys were to Harry, why did they let him go back to their house every summer? Why didn't they ever check on him, or better yet, take him in?
18. How is it that Madam Pomfrey was able to regrow Harry's broken bone from the Quidditch match, but she wasn't able to fix his eyesight so he'd never have to wear glasses anymore?
19. And if Snape continuously went out of his way to protect Harry, Ron, and Hermione from dying in the series, why did they think he was a "bad" person?
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.