Over the years, we've asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the most clever Harry Potter movie moments ever. Here are their amazing responses.
Editor's note: BuzzFeed does not support discriminatory or hateful speech in any form. We stand by the LGBTQ community and all fans who found a home in the Harry Potter series, and will work to provide a safe space for fans. If you, like us, feel impassioned about trans rights, learn more or donate here.
1. "In Deathly Hallows, Harry drops the Resurrection Stone and breaks the Elder Wand — the only thing he keeps is the Cloak of Invisibility. This reflects the story of the Three Brothers: the brothers who get the stone and the wand end up dead, and the brother who gets the Cloak of Invisibility (long enough to evade death) lives a good life. This basically underscores Harry's humility and virtue."
2. "In Half-Blood Prince when Hermione describes the Love Potion in class, the fumes change color to match what she's describing. However, on her last listed item, she says mint toothpaste, but the fumes turn bright orange: the exact color of Ron's hair."
3. "In Latin, 'Lupine' comes from the word 'Lupus,' which means 'wolf.' When Remus Lupin comes into play in Prisoner of Azkaban, his name is a clever hint that he's actually a werewolf."
4. "In Chamber of Secrets, when Harry and Ron go into Professor Lockhart's room to tell him how to get into the Chamber of Secrets, Lockhart hastily whips a wig off of a hidden stand, suggesting that Lockhart's actually bald."
5. "Throughout Deathly Hallows – Part 1, Hermione's hair grows to show how much time has passed and how long they've been looking for the Horcruxes."
6. "And in Order of the Phoenix, Professor Umbridge's pink outfits get darker and darker as she gains more power."
7. "At the end of Prisoner of Azkaban, when Harry says goodbye to Sirius, Sirius points to Harry's heart and says: 'The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them right here.' Sirius does the same exact thing in Deathly Hallows — Part 2 when Harry uses the resurrection stone to bring his loved ones back."
8. "During the Prisoner of Azkaban credits, you can see two pairs of feet on The Marauder's Map that appear to be having sex."
9. "In Deathly Hallows — Part 2, when McGonagall tries to kill Snape, he moves her spell toward the Carrows to knock them out instead."
10. "Snape also steals their wands before escaping out of the window."
11. "The young boy at the chestnut stand for like 10 seconds in the beginning of Half-Blood Prince is the same actor who plays Harry's son at the end of Deathly Hallows — Part 2."
12. "In Sorcerer's Stone, the chocolate frog card of Dumbledore misspells his first name — it reads as 'Elbus' instead of 'Albus.'"
13. "Do you recall when Neville receives the Remembrall in Sorcerer's Stone and he can't remember what he's forgotten? Well, he's the only one at the table not wearing his Gryffindor robes — so we can rightly guess that's what he's forgotten!"
14. "In Deathly Hallows — Part 1, when Dumbledore visits a young Tom Riddle, you can see a picture in the pipe area of some cliffs. These are the same cliffs Dumbledore and Harry travel to when collecting Salazar Slytherin's locket."
15. "In the beginning of Deathly Hallows – Part 1, when everyone drinks the Polyjuice Potion to turn into Harry, Hermione is naturally the first one dressed and ready to go."
16. "It's Hagrid who first carries baby Harry to Privet Drive in Sorcerer's Stone, and it's Hagrid who carries a 'dead' Harry out of the forest when Voldemort tries to kill him in Deathly Hallows – Part 2."
17. "If you look closely, there's a Deathly Hallows–shaped device in Dumbledore's office in Goblet of Fire."
18. And finally, "In Deathly Hallows — Part 2, when everyone realizes Harry's actually alive, you can see George naturally turn to his side to celebrate with Fred, but ultimately doesn't because of his horrific death."
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.