21 Little Ways To Wake The Hell Up And Actually Look Alive
We've all had one of *those* days when we could use a little extra help getting up.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Make a pitcher of cold brew the night before, then roll out of bed the next morning and have coffee waiting for you. It'll give you the energy you need to start your day.
2. OR! Get a two-way coffee pot with a programmable timer so you wake up to the smell of fresh coffee, and are actually incentivized to get out of bed.
3. And if regular ol' joe doesn't give you the boost you need, Death Wish Coffee has double the amount of caffeine in an average cup, so...do with that what you will.
4. Add an energizing foam face wash to your AM shower routine. The strong grapefruit scent will wake up your senses and leave you feeling refreshed instead of groggy.
5. Keep an essential oil diffuser on overnight so your skin stays hydrated and you don't wake up all dry and crusty.
6. Then, when you get up, refill, and add a vibrant essential oil (think: lemon, peppermint, or orange) to the diffuser while you're getting ready in the morning.
7. Use a face mask packed with all-natural ingredients (hello, avocado and açai!) that help calm the skin and revamp your complexion so you actually look/feel awake.
8. Have eyedrops in your nightstand so the second you wake up, you can drop some in and revive your eyeballs from being dead all night.
9. In the morning, apply a three-in-one eye treatment that's like a tinted moisturizer to reduce eye puffiness and brighten skin.
10. And at night, use a watermelon sleeping mask that does all the work for you while you're catching some z's, so you wake up with perfect, glowing skin.
11. Make your bed as soon as you wake up to get your body moving and instantly feel productive.
12. Invest in this incredible sunrise alarm clock, because waking up annoyed at an obnoxious buzzing sound is not a great way to start the day.
13. Whip up some overnight oats before you hit the sheets so you have a yummy breakfast waiting for you when the alarm sounds.
14. Or spare five minutes of your morning (yes, just five!) to make a quick breakfast sandwich and give your body some much-needed energy.
15. Use a nude eyeliner on the lower rim of your eye, in the corners, and under your brows to make eyes appear bright and open (and to trick people into thinking you're not dying inside).
16. Apply a long-lasting concealer in a triangle shape to brighten the area around your eyes. This one has a soft cushion applicator that makes it a ~dream~ to blend.
17. Use a color-correcting fluid to target whatever issue your face is dealing with that day: redness, dullness, or dark circles.
18. And wear a brighter matte lip ink to add some color to your face. Maybelline's Super Stay lasts up to 16 hours, so you won't have to worry about constant touch ups! WIN.
19. Do some stretches in your bed so your body knows it's time to get the eff up. And you're literally lying in bed, so it's minimal effort on your part — no early classes or yoga mats involved.
20. Make a pump-up playlist you can jam to while you're getting ready, and play it on a portable Bluetooth speaker so you can take your morning concert with you to every room in the house.
21. And finally, use a hydrating spray throughout the day to keep your skin moisturized and fresh, even with a full face of makeup!
You before this post, and you after:
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.