30 Products That'll Help Make Traveling Easy, Breezy, And Totally Stress-Free
It's been ages since we've traveled – these products will make it easier.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A super distinguishable, 3D acrylic luggage tag that'll make it actually possible to find your black bag in a sea of also black suitcases.
These cutie tags are from small biz Fragola & Co. They have other custom key chains and tags available on their Etsy shop.
Promising review: "Must buy! So cute and chic! No rough spots anywhere on the product, smooth cut-out and design; and the font is very clean and legible. Exactly what you see in the photos are exactly how they come, super satisfying. Thank you so much :D" —Erika Woodrich
2. A tri-fold organizer to keep all of your important documents in one place so you don’t panic (as much) when you go through TSA and customs.
You can always swap back to your favorite wallet or purse once you arrive at your destination!
Promising review: "I like the way this wallet is organized, it opens up flat and you can exactly what you need for easy retrieval. I also like how I can put my iPhone 6 inside and still be able to snap the purse shut. This wallet is nicely built and feels sturdy to hold. I used this wallet while traveling through Europe for a month and it held up great." —Chinderliter
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in 30 colors).
3. Or! This smaller option with a special designated area for your passport and vaccination card — aka, two things you definitely do not want to lose.
This Australia-based small business creates personalized leather goods that are handmade by designer and owner Igor.
Promising review: "Perfect for holding our passport and vaccination card! Heading to Europe this summer and it’s perfect to keep everything together....great quality!!" —Samantha Jewett
4. Chewable tablets made with natural ingredients (like chamomile!) that'll help you beat jet lag before it even hits. Just pop one in before take-off and throughout the trip and kiss lethargy buh-bye.
Promising review: "This stuff is a game-changer for travelers. I am a person who gets extremely lethargic after traveling (especially on flights to/from Europe). This changed my life. I normally have to fly in an extra day early from my planned travel days, solely so that I can get enough rest and be ready for the next day. I can now take these and on landing be prepared for a full day of activities. When I took a group of 40 students to Europe this summer, I had them order this product also and all of them felt great. No problems with it at all. HIGHLY recommended for anyone traveling on long-haul flights." —Allyson
Get it from Amazon for $12.95.
5. A detailed packing list with basically every item you could possibly need while traveling so you don't forget any of the essentials. Socks? Check. Toothpaste? Check!
Promising review: "We travel frequently and have two children. As any parent knows, packing for yourself and your children can be overwhelming — especially for trips longer than a few days. I have found this list to be a lifesaver. It is easy to plan, organize, and list out items that are easily forgotten. You can also list the quantity of each item needed. Variety of clothing options and space to add more. Overall, wonderful purchase and has likely saved me many forgotten items!" —Mike D
Get it from Amazon for $7.
6. A travel tray for kiddos to keep 'em well entertained when the ETA is...10 hours from now. Woof. It features a whiteboard for drawing, tablet and water bottle holder, and pockets on pockets for storing alllllll the essentials.
It even fits on planes and works great for eating meals on the road.
Promising review: "I got two of these for my kids to travel on an 8 hour road trip. The loved them!!! The mostly utilized them as a tablet holder and lunch-on-the-road surface, but both girls thanked me multiple times and asked if they could use it around town too, not JUST on road trips. Their cousins drug their mom to the car, just so she could see, hoping she might get them some as well! Kid tested! Cousin approved!" —Julie
Get it from Amazon for $26.99 (available in five colors).
7. And! A backseat protector with pockets that'll do two big things: organize everything that's currently occupying your car floors, and keep your seats safe from the wrath of your toddler's shoes, all while keeping them busy on your next road trip.
Promising review: "My little kids keep kicking the back of the driver/passenger seats leaving footmarks so I wanted something to protect my seats. Also I wanted something to help keep my car more organized. They work great and easy to install. Has great storage for baby bottle, books, snacks and tablet or iPad holder in large clear pocket. Keeps things organized for the kids in the back and it also keeps my cars neat and clean! It's perfect for my car. Great product." —Customer
Get a set of two from Amazon for $19.95.
8. A teensy eye contact kit complete with a case, tweezers, an even teensier tube for solution, and a built-in mirror so there's no need to fight over the only one in the hotel.
Promising review: "I love this product a lot. Super cute!! It’s very minimalistic and fits in my purse just fine. I have no worries about it opening in my bag because it snaps tightly, but isn’t hard to open at all. I would recommend this product to any contact wearer!!" —Krystal
Get it from Amazon for $4.47+ (available in four colors).
9. A pair of highly rated (seriously, they have almost 10,000 positive reviews!) compression socks that'll save your legs from aches and pains on long plane trips and car rides.
A BuzzFeed writer swears by these for her incredibly long flights from NYC to Australia:
"I normally get aching legs on a flight, and I noticed that my legs felt fresher than usual after this one, even though I was in the window seat for the long 15-hour stretch and didn't move around much at all. When my knees did ache during the flight, I pulled the socks up over them again and felt instant relief." —Gyan Yankovich
Read the rest of her review here.
Get them from Amazon for $9.70+ (available in sizes S/M, L/XL, XXL, and in 10 colors).
10. A pair of stylish sneakers you can bend, twist, and roll-up to conveniently fit in your bag. The best part? It feels like you aren't even wearing shoes when you have them on, making those long airport treks a little less dreadful.
Oh Suavs, where have you been my entire life??? I can't even consider them shoes because when I wear them, it feels like I am just wearing cozy socks. They are my walk-through-the-airport shoes, my go-to cute summer sneakers, my favorite thing in my closet. And I love that you can twist 'em up so they can fit in your bag.
Get them from Suavs for $95+ (available women sizes 6–12 and men sizes 8–14, and eight colors).
11. A teeny jewelry box for organizing the necklaces, earrings, and rings you simply cannot travel without. Now they won't end up in a big ol' chain tumbleweed — not cute OR fun.
Promising review: "Perfect for travel! Large enough to hold several sets of jewelry, but small enough to fit in my purse. The best part is that it zips closed, so I don't have to worry about small jewelry falling out and becoming lost." —Sherrie Vaughn
Get it from Amazon for $11.49 (available in six colors).
12. A TSA-approved, toiletry carry-on so you never have to wonder if your plastic bag will make it through security.
Promising review: "This thing truly packs a punch. I could fit everything I needed for an overnight hotel stay plus seven-day cruise to the Caribbean. Passed through TSA checkpoints without any problem, too. The sturdy build and tough zipper make this a quality toiletry pouch. Very happy with my purchase!" —Orange Blossom
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in 11 colors).
13. A ~hip~ belt pack to throw on when your shoulders are tired of lugging around a backpack. Lighten the load, keep your essentials, and look cute as all get out.
Promising review: "Love this pack! I got it to wear to Disney World and it was perfect. Multiple pockets and a cool hidden pocket we’re useful to keep organized. It kept everything safe on intense rides like Space Mountain. And it was fun and flashy, and I got multiple compliments. Very sturdy!" —Sara
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in 20 prints).
14. A hanging toiletry bag with so much space you won't even know what to do with it all. Oh, you have a large bottle of your best lotion you wish you could bring? PACK IT UP, BABY!
Promising review: "Seriously?! Do you see how much this holds?! Full shampoo bottles, face washes, hair brush...everything I could need or want to bring, FITS IN THIS ONE BAG! And it’s so cute! Feels like great quality too — all the hardware came with protective wraps to keep from scratching and the zippers feel very hardy. The hook at the top is also VERY WELL SECURED to the bag, it’s double stitched to the top panel and almost feels like seatbelt material. And I love the extra pockets and netting inside. I would absolutely recommend this!" —mahea_c
Get it from Amazon for $25.99 (available in black and blush).
15. An Insta-worthy suitcase with 360-degree wheels, TSA-approved locks, and a tough but lightweight shell casing — sooo...more than enough reasons to justify the splurge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I. Love. This. Suitcase. I took the checked bag on a three week trip to India and Thailand, and it was *truly* the perfect size. It held everything I needed and was so lightweight, I had no problems taking it through multiple airports and cities. One side has a built-in pocket perfect clothing, and the other side has smaller pockets for smaller items. I didn't think I could love a piece of plastic so much, but here we are!
16. And! A gorgeous leather weekender bag you'll love if you're always on the go — whether it's on short work trips or just for your daily commute.
Promising review: "Perfect duffel for carry-on and weekends!!!! I got this bag for my grandson, who travels back and forth from college often, for Christmas. I was impressed with the leather when it first came and the different pockets. He loves it!!! It has been such a hit with others who travel to see us on the holidays they wanted to know where I got it! It was just what my grandson wanted and plans to carry it for many years to come. I priced and searched out many duffels, this was the perfect choice for the price and quality. Thank you!" —Debra G
Get it from Amazon for $149.99 (available in two colors).
17. A digital travel planner that comes with different spreadsheets to help keep you organized as you plan out your itinerary, transportation, lodging, and so on! Each template is editable in Google Sheets and Excel.
These super helpful templates are from small biz Lovely & Lethal, based in Los Angeles. Owner Holly creates tons of different planners — think: wedding, fitness, financial templates — that are available for immediate download!
Promising review: "Exactly what I needed! Easy to modify and simple to use." —Victoria Moore
18. A pack of shoe bags that'll keep your kicks from rubbing nasty street germs on your clothes as they're packed away. Bonus: These'll make a great addition to your gym bag.
Promising review: "These bags are great. I easily put women's size 8 Under Armour running shoes and flip flops inside with room for another pair of flat sandals. I shoved my husbands size 11 running shoes and his flip flops in another. It comes with four bags, simple black, good zipper, and the ability to hang them as it has a handle/tab on one end. The ultimate test was when I laid a bag in the sink and sprayed it with water. Inside is dry!" —ArizonaDenice
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in drawstring and zipper).
19. A popular book filled with challenging logic puzzles for some mid-flight entertainment that'll keep your brain sharp, even plane trips that drag on, and on, and on...
Promising review: "I love logic puzzles, and this is the best book I've found for them. There are between eight and 16 clues for each. The puzzles are entirely self-contained, requiring no 'background knowledge' to complete, only logic. Most of the puzzles have *no* superfluous clues. As an adult who loves logic puzzles, they still take me at least 30 min to finish one. Extra points for more gender and ethnic diversity than most puzzles. The book also references instruction slides on the Puzzle Baron's website, which are very well-made, and the website also features fill-in answer grids that provide you with your next logical step and an explanation why." —Laura B
Get it from Amazon for $11.87.
20. Or!! An adult coloring book to make those boring layovers go by in a flash.
Promising review: "I bought this one kind of last minute before going on a cruise for a week. I was going to be at sea for a few days and wanted something to kill time and relax on the ship. I was traveling with 10 family members and was DEFINITELY going to need to get away and de-stress. All I can say is thank the gods I had this book with me. One of the things I really liked about this book as opposed to other adult coloring was that the quality of the designs was fantastic and everything was uniform in terms of design size and page coverage. Pixelated lines are the devil. This book is heaven. I worked on this book for hours and hours and finished only two pages. In my mind, that is money ridiculously well spent. This book will keep me occupied for an insane amount of time." —York
21. A reliable portable charger small enough to fit in a purse, yet so powerful it can charge your phone up to two times (!!!) before it needs a recharge.
Promising review: "I have had good experiences with Anker products, and this is no exception. The power bank is roughly the same size as a Galaxy Note 9, and the slim design makes this easy to slip in a pocket. It will give about 2 charges for the Note 9, and USB-C charging is convenient for a one cord solution (the micro USB charging option is still present)." —Jon Friedmeyer
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in black and white).
22. A travel-size steamer you can whip out on any trip and rid your clothes of those dreaded suitcase wrinkles. No hotel ironing board? NO PROBLEM.
Promising review: "I’ve had it for a few months now and I couldn’t be more happy with it. I travel a lot for work and it is the perfect size for my carry-on suit case, and it works great. It’s easier and faster to steam my shirts than having to iron them like I was doing before I got the steamer." —David Trejo
Get it from Amazon for $32.97.
23. A wrinkle release spray, because wrinkles have no place in your vacation wardrobe.
24. A set of magical packing cubes that'll help you bring your entire closet with you (as you should!). These will organize your clothes in a way so everything neatly fits in your suitcase.
Promising review: "I am officially sold on packing cubes!! These things are amazing! I can believe I've been packing without them my whole life. The cubes are great quality and come in fun colors. I appreciate the mesh lining that allows you to peek inside. They're also a great value; for essentially the same price as competitors, you get four bags and a laundry/shoe bag. I packed my clothes, shoes, and toiletry bag for a 10 day trip to Europe [picture above]. I packed them as I normally would first, and then packed them in the packing cubes. There was so much more room after packing in the cubes!" —Tiffany
Get a set of four from Amazon for $25.99 (available in eight colors).
25. A neck pillow to give you the support 👏 you 👏 need 👏 and 👏 deserve 👏 during unbearably looooooong flights.
Promising review: "Best travel pillow I have found so far! It folds in so many ways to accommodate your seating and or sleep position. It's soft and did not have an odor, plus it has a great strap to attach to your carry on bag handle. I slept for the entire 4.5-hour flight and didn't have a sore neck after." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $29.97 (available in two adult and child sizes, and seven colors).
26. A compact outdoor blanket ideal for picnics in the wilderness, or on the beach, or anywhere that you'd want to eat a sandwich but without the sand.
Promising review: "I brought this along with me on my four-month trip around Asia and Australia earlier this year. Because it folds up compactly, I was able to throw it in my little backpack/bag and take it with me everywhere I went. Was terrific being able to pull the blanket out of my bag whenever I spontaneously found a great spot to sit, relax, and people watch. It is waterproof, so I didn't worry about getting wet from any morning dew or getting dirty from the ground." —Tiffany C
Get it from Amazon for $20.49 (available in six colors).
27. A LifeStraw personal water filter for removing parasites and bacteria from natural bodies of water so you can always feel prepared for emergencies, and ~go with the flow~ for the rest of your trip.
And of course, immunocompromised users should check the package instructions or contact the manufacturer before using.
Promising review: "I frequently hike and camp in the backcountry all over the United States. Carrying the amount of water that I need to survive during these trips is just not feasible due to the weight. I recently took a LifeStraw out for a test on a backcountry hike in the Rocky Mountains. Every stream, lake, and every other water source that I came across I stopped for a drink. I was drinking fresh snow melt and also from lakes that are home to beavers and other wildlife. There was no added taste to the water and I didn't get sick during or after the trip. The one drawback to the LifeStraw is that it does take a bit of suction to start and keep the water flowing. When you're at high altitudes in the mountains this leads to longer 'drink breaks' since you can get winded pretty easy while trying to suck up water through the LifeStraw. However, its size and weight advantages when hiking in mountainous terrain vastly outweigh this minor drawback." —Charlie
Get one from Amazon for $17.47.
28. A memory foam foot hammock with adjustable straps that'll give you a first-class(ish) experience, even if you're back in coach.
Promising review: "I am 5'4" and always like a carry-on bag to prop my feet on when I fly. You open your tray then hook the strap over the tray bars right up next to the seat back and close your tray. You can adjust the height. It was so comfy for me to prop my feet on the strap. I had sent the link to my girlfriend and she got one too. I don't know if our hubbies would have loved it as much as their legs are longer, but for us, it made our long flights a lot more comfortable." —Jackie Williamson
Get it from Amazon for $16.99 (available in three colors).
29. Disposable silicone earplugs specially designed to relieve the ear pressure that can cause major discomfort as you ascend and descend. They can also reduce harsh noises, and all that ~sounds~ pretty darn good to me.
Promising review: "I love this product! Every couple of trips, no matter what tricks I try, I cannot clear my ears. The ear pain is immense at takeoff (I completely understand why those babies and toddlers wail!), and then I'm hard of hearing for days. With these, that has never happened. A few other people near me had ear pain and I did not, so I was very grateful I'd bought this product." —Amy Clark
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $6.99+.
30. And a travel shelving unit you can hang in your closet...and then drop directly into your luggage. Seriously — it easily collapses to fit in your bag and packing will never take an ounce of stress from you again!
Promising review: "This organizer makes packing and unpacking so fast! And it keeps my biz clothes wrinkle free too. For one- to two- night biz trips, I can easily fit my work, gym and leisure clothes folded in one compartment, cosmetics in another, belt and jewelry go in the convenient top pockets – and there's still room for dirty clothes on the bottom section. Seriously I can pack and unpack in five minutes now. And when I get to my hotel room, I just hang in the closet and don't even have to unpack (30 seconds from hanging to packed back into my carry on). Luv this product - It's highly recommend, especially for business travel." —Heidi Slocumb
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in three colors).