1. "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance." — Equal Rites
2. "In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this."
3. "It's useful to go out of this world and see it from the perspective of another one."
5. "It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing."
6. "You have to have really wide reading habits and pay attention to the news and just everything that's going on in the world: you need to. If you get this right, then the writing is a piece of cake."
7. "Freedom without limits is just a word."
8. "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."
9. "If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
10. "'And what would humans be without love?' RARE, said Death." — Sourcery
12. "She was already learning that if you ignore the rules people will, half the time, quietly rewrite them so that they don't apply to you." — Equal Rites
13. "It's still magic even if you know how it's done." — A Hat Full of Sky
14. "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it." — Monstrous Regiment
15. "If you trust in yourself.... and believe in your dreams.... and follow your star... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy." — The Wee Free Men
16. "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual." — Jingo
17. "There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this."
19 "The enemy isn't men, or women, it's bloody stupid people and no one has the right to be stupid." — Monstrous Regiment
20. "Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things." — I Shall Wear Midnight
21. "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living."
22. "So much universe, and so little time."