2. Lisa Scottoline and her Canine Crew
It started with Little Tony, a black-and-tan King Charles Cavalier puppy. Then came Peach, a Blehneim King Charles Cavalier, and soon after, Peach’s puppies, Daniel Boone and Kit Carsson. Herding together the entire pack is Lisa’s spunky spit-fire of a Corgi named Ruby. So much for writing being a solitary practice, huh?
4. Gregg Hurwitz, Simba, and Cairo
Anyone who follows Gregg on Facebook, knows his love for Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Simba came first and currently weighs in at 100 lbs. Cairo is the baby, but is quickly catching up to Simba. Gregg writes every day with the two of them sleeping at his feet.
5. John Steinbeck and Charley
Steinbeck’s French Poodle, Charley, is proof that dogs are the cure for writer’s block. When Steinbeck felt like was out of ideas, he loaded Charley into his pick-up truck and drove across the country. I think we all know what the result was.
6. James Rollins and his Golden Retrievers
Before becoming a full-time novelist, Rollins ran a successful vetinerary practice, so it’s no wonder that his house is always full of dogs. Currently, he has a pack of golden retrievers: Penny (pictured here), Duncan, and Echo.
8. William Faulkner and his Feists (or Fyces?)
Many mistake Faulkner’s pups for Jack Russell terriers, but if you’ve read his work, you know exactly what breed has a passion for. In GO DOWN MOSES, THE SOUND AND THE FURY, and other stories, there are multiple cameos from these hunting dogs.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he will move on to other issues.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍